By downloading and/or using this application developed by Publix ("App") on a personally owned communication device ("Device"), you agree to the terms set forth herein, including:
- The following term applies only to Publix associates: Use of the App is completely voluntary and is not required by Publix, as Publix provides other means by which to do your job. The decision on whether or not to use the App will not impact your performance evaluation or job status. If you choose not to download and use the App, you may not be able to access certain systems and applications outside of your work location, where such access is offered by Publix for your convenience and is not essential for job performance. However, if you decide to use the App, then you must do so in accordance with all other policies and guidelines.
- You are granted a limited, revocable and non-exclusive right to use the App. All other right, title and interest to the App belong to Publix or to third-parties that may have licensed certain components of the App to Publix ("Third-Parties").
- Publix will not charge a fee to use the App, but you will remain responsible for all costs associated with your Device, including any minutes used, data usage, or damages.
- You must comply with local and state laws regarding using the Device.
- The App is provided as-is, without warranties of any kind from Publix or any Third-Parties. Publix shall not be responsible for any loss or deletion of personal information on your Device, regardless of if such loss or deletion occurs after you have downloaded and/or used the App on your Device.
- Publix reserves the right to disable your access to the App at any time and for any reason without notification.
- You are responsible for safeguarding your use of the App and for the token(s) generated by the App, and for any misuse of the App and/or the token(s) that takes place under your user name and password.
- You will not attempt to tamper with the security of the App or otherwise disrupt the App.
- Should any individual or entity allege that your use or possession of the App infringes upon such individual’s or entity’s intellectual property rights, contact your manager or supervisor if you are a Publix associate or your Publix representative if you are a vendor, service provider or other type of user; as between you and Publix, Publix will be responsible for handling any and all such claims.
- You must immediately delete the App once your employment or business relationship with Publix ends.
The App may contain software or other components provided by or licensed from one or more Third-Parties (“Third-Party Components”). You are prohibited from: (i) using such Third-Party Components for any purpose other than to enable your use of the App; (ii) distributing or transferring the App or Third-Party Components without the App; (iii) reverse assembling, reverse compiling or otherwise translating the App or any Third-Party Components except as specifically permitted by law; or (iv) copying the App or any Third-Party Components (except for backup purposes). Certain Third-Parties may be third-party beneficiaries of the terms with respect to the foregoing restrictions and may have the right but not the obligation to enforce the foregoing restrictions against you as a third-party beneficiary.
The App may ask for permissions to access or view certain components of your Device, including: access to your camera to take pictures and videos; full network access; permissions to view your network and Wi-Fi connections; and the ability to control vibration. Whether you grant the App these permissions is completely voluntary, but you may be unable to download or use the App if one or more of these permissions is denied.
The App may collect certain data about you and your Device. The data collected may include but not be limited to: Device type, Operating System, Operating System version and settings; geolocation; IP address; and usage statistics, including number of page views and App downloads Further, the App may collect additional data that is tied to your user ID, including but not limited to your Device ID. The data collected may be used for numerous reasons, including to improve the App, to create a better user experience, and to understand more about App users.
Nothing in these terms shall be construed to prohibit lawful conduct under relevant federal and state laws. Violation of these terms by Publix associates could lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Publix reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, and your continued use of the App after such modifications signifies your acceptance of the new terms.
Last updated: April 16, 2018